CDC Draincare Statement – COVID-19
4th November 2020
As the 2nd lockdown has been announced we want to let you know that CDC Draincare has implemented certain measurers and is as prepared as possible for any impact on our service. We confirm that we are advising all of our employees to follow the government guidelines on how to prevent the spread of Coronavirus where possible.
- Business Closure Exemptions – As of the 5th November 2020 the UK Government updated guidance on business closures and exemptions. Drainage businesses are classified as Key Workers and are exempt from closure at the current time. We continue to closely monitor the situation and will always review our policies in line with the latest UK Government advice. We do not envisage any issues with our services but appreciate your patience and understanding if such issues did arise.
- As a minimum, CDC Draincare are following government guidelines on health and safety practises for delaying the spread of Coronavirus. If you have additional preventative measures you would like us to adhere to, please let us know.
- The Company is taking all reasonable hygiene precautions at our premises and in our vehicles as well as regular cleaning of tools and equipment to ensure we are Covid-19 Secure.
- Our employees are equipped with the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment to minimise contamination. Masks, face visors and disposable, non-reusable gloves have been provided and will be worn for all work including signing service reports and mobile devices.
- We are enforcing strict rules regarding social distancing. Where available, we are advocating communication via phone, email, WhatsApp etc.
- Where possible our office staff are working from home in line with Government advice. The office has been made Covid-19 secure also with screens between desks and hand sanitiser and masks available.
Please contact the office on 0113 2038200 should you require any further assistance or information.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- wear a mask or face covering if 2m social distancing cannot be adhered to
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- keep your work area/vehicle clean and use disinfectant where possible to clean your phones and desks regularly
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean